Information About Our Lifetime Commitment Program
About Life Time Commitment Program & Scholarship Program
Mingus Mountain Academy is dedicated to providing a lifetime commitment to all students. We have found that support systems can often be hard to come by for teenagers and want to ensure that they always have a place to turn in a time of need. That support can come in the form of a listening ear, visitations, temporary housing, and more. When a student is doing the right thing with their life, MMA stands behind them 100%. We are proud to offer a scholarship program to encourage students to further their education and career training. This scholarship program requires all applicants to meet certain requirements and is catered to individual needs. No two scholarships will be alike. Scholarship assistance can come in the form of tuition, housing, household items, groceries, and all other applicable resources needed to live independently.
Requirements for Scholarships
- Applicants must be 18 years old, or be turning 18 upon discharge from MMA, when transitioning into the scholarship program.
- Applicants must have held a position within the student government, the Mountain Lion Club, during their time at MMA.
- Applicants must be enrolled in high school classes (if diploma is not completed), GED classes, college courses, trade school courses, employed or actively seeking employment.
- Applicants must have attended MMA for a minimum of 6 months (subject to change) and must have successfully completed the program upon discharge.
- Applicants must complete the scholarship application forms, write a personal statement essay, provide two letters of recommendation, provide academic transcripts, and interview with the Director Team and CTC.